View Single Post

Old 12-07-2019, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
With the first pass done and reasonably successful it was time to go back, make some modifications and add some detail. The only change to be made to the lower deck was to recess the entrance "opening" to match the face of the step up from the platform. In time I envisage opening up the windows and entrance and providing an interior, but for now the strength of the solid walls will be an advantage. I also spent some time adding lining and lettering, though this is not complete.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic11.jpg London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic12.jpg

The rear platform and stairs needed some rework. In the case of the platform this was mostly reshaping the off (right) side where I had misinterpreted the few not-very-clear photos I had found, and adding support brackets to the step.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic13.jpg

The stairs needed a complete redesign. I found two photos (of B2373) taken from the top of the stairs looking virtually straight down, which gave me a much better idea of their configuration. In particular they showed that the front edge of the bottom step was not parallel to the edge of the platform as I had assumed, but angled back to allow more space for the passengers entering and leaving the lower saloon. In fact it is the second step whose front is parallel.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic14.jpg