View Single Post

Old 12-22-2019, 01:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Hey. I just printed this model and intend to build it over the next week or so. As best I can tell, it is a direct downsizing of Rawen's 1/400 scale Refit Enterprise, found in the downloads section of this forum. This new version may contain some changes but a quick comparison revealed a very high similarity between the two.

Using my Polar Lights 1/350 scale refit Enterprise as a reference, Rawen's model scales at 1/746. To come up with this number, I measured the primary hull of the Polar Lights Refit Enterprise (16.25in diameter) and compared it to Part 1 of Rawen's model. If the Polar Lights model is accurate, this means the real Refit Enterprise features a primary hull measuring 144.5 meters in diameter. This matches some (but not all) reference sites I visited on the internet.

Printing this new model at 74.23% yields a primary hull diameter of 144.5mm making it exactly 1/1000 scale.

As an additional double check, I measured the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale original series Enterprise. That model features a primary hull 127mm in diameter. This exactly matches a primary hull measuring 127.1 meters in diameter, the specification listed by most sources for a Constitution class starship. This gives me greater confidence that the 1/350 scale Polar Lights Refit Enterprise is also correct.

Anyway, I know most people could not give two flying figs about scale, but just in case you do, those were my findings.