View Single Post

Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by creosotewind View Post
What? No "Schweppes Lemon Squash"? (whatever that is)

But this whole thing looks great. And a great presentation as well.
"I believe it is a popular fruit drink, M'lud." I have no photographs of B340 carrying an advertisement for Schweppes, but I have no doubt that B-types did so from time to time in the 1910s and -20s. It is the LTM's preserved K-type K424 which appears to have one currently on its right-hand side. The ABC model (see my first post in this thread) shows it on both sides, but recent photos of the left-hand side of K424 show an advertisement for the Great Western Railway.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now for the mostly black chassis. The two faces of each long side are layered on thin cardboard - my stock is 0.65mm thick - then again on thin card or paper until the combined thickness of the two sides is 2mm. Then the ends and bottom receive a covering strip to hide the cardboard filling. The top does not need a cover, as it is glued to the floor plate.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic49.jpg London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic50.jpg London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic51.jpg

The prototype chassis is in fact wooden, sheathed in steel plate, so I claim that my design is very authentic... In fact, of course, it was just the easiest way of making a tidy, strong girder.

The cross pieces are similar, but lighter - 1.3mm thick.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic52.jpg

They can all go together. There is also a tie rod joining the front horns, which I just made flat, as it is too small to roll a cylinder.

London General B-type bus, 1:32-pic53.jpg