View Single Post

Old 01-13-2020, 05:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Vertical stabilizer and a few other details

Hello everyone, back again and thank you to Rhaaven Black, Kevin and Pepo. My only advice to you is just to give it a try and start building this model. Don't be afraid of any challenge. Go for it! The canopy is indeed a hurdle and I've come to the point that I can't postpone it much longer....

But first the vertical stabilizer and a few details. Building the stabilizer is very straight forward and it was finished before I knew it, which explains the lack of pictures during the process.

The anti-collision beacon fully consists of paper parts but the small navigation light at the rear end of the tail is made of a tooth pick, sandpapered to a spherical shape. The color of the light should be white.

Also installed are the stubs of the main wing spars, which protrude through the fuselage. The internal wing structure will be wedged in between them on either side but this is yet to come.

The small radar warning antenna domes on either side of the nose are the original paper versions. Yoav mentions play-doh as alternative but if you carefully cut out the small parts, shape them and put some effort and patience in gluing them, the result is equally good I would say.

Lastly I used a small drop of glue (repeated the step twice after drying) to highlight the upper position light just behind the canopy area. There's a similar light at the belly. Likely the color will be white as well.

The last picture shows the status up so far .

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1329.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1330.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1331.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1328.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1332.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1333.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_1334.jpg