View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've never been a purist, I've always considered myself just a modeler, although my preferred medium will always be paper, even though I recently started building plastic kits again for the first time in decades. I recently scratchbuilt an interior for a plastic Bradley out of paper.

I also paint all my models, which started out as a way to cover my mistakes but has evolved into a hybrid of paper and plastic model skills combined. I have the utmost respect for anyone who can build a paper kit, as printed, without having to paint it, that is one skill that has always been beyond me but I aim to try it again some day.

The paper kits are cheaper and the level of satisfaction after completing one is much higher. As for competition rules, I've entered a few of my paper models in plastic model competitions, and won first place in a few categories which takes the satisfaction to an even higher level.

Long story short... There are no rules to conform to, it's a hobby. Do what makes you happy, build your models the way you want to and above all, enjoy it.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000