View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale

Another one from the great book by John Wallis, otherwise known as rebel at sea. The CSS Yadkin was a small gunboat that seems to have been built, used in crusis, then simply stripped of armor. Maybe misused might be a better term.She was captured intact as a wooden gunboat at wars end. John lays out the details on page 77 in his book, "Ironclad and iron protected vessels of the Confederate Navy" John also suggests that some of the river ironclad in North Carolina may have been initially painted a dark pine green, and this is what I went with as I find it so different than the usual colours. At only 130 feet in overall length and 1.5 or 2 inches of armor and no provision for a pilot house she is an odd duck. But that's what I like.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale-77a.jpg   CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale-77b.jpg   CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale-77c.jpg   CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale-77d.jpg   CSS Yadkin full hull in 1/72 scale-77e.jpg