View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 02:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all so much for such a wonderful, warm welcome.

I think I am going to find myself spending so much time here, last night I was just browsing the wonderful models, the skill and talent here is amazing.

Thank you as well for the advice and links, the models on that canon website looks like the perfect place to start and after watching the videos have a better understanding of how to cut, who would have thought there was so much involved in just cutting!

which brings me to some questions and my first bit of bad luck I suppose.

Hunted out my old printer from the loft, an Epson workforce pro 4535 brought it in 2012, still have plenty of inks left but when I fired the printer up the print quality was poor, so did what the manual said and ran through the cleaning of it, seems after a few hours of messing around its never going to get the printer heads clean or print well again, whole lines of print missing, which is a darn shame as the inks will be wasted I fear.

So looks like I need to find a new printer, any advice on a good one?

Now some questions, with regards paper, can you use photo paper, I have a few packs of I think 120grams glossy photo paper, is that any good to use?

Also scissors can you recommend me a good quality pair to get?

Going to head into town today and visit the works to check on the other supplies I need, but hopefully can download and try my first model this coming week.

thanks again for making me feel so welcome to your forum and hobby.