View Single Post

Old 02-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.77 MB
Jaffro...Thank you for your kind words. Yes, this is just the 2nd paper model I have built. While overall it is rather complex, at the core it is just a large collection of a lot of very simple models. UHU02 has excellent visual instructions so the steps are pretty easy to follow. I have learned a lot along the way, but honestly I’m not really that skilled. Another major factor is that it is a subject matter that I enjoy a lot so it has held my interest.

The tape has the website IPG - Intertape Polymer Group on it, but I don’t really remember where I got it. I think I just did a web search for “aluminum foil tape.” Seems to be pretty common stuff you can buy at most hardware stores. I think it is mainly used to seal up leaks on HVAC ductwork. I got what seemed to be the thinnest I could find.

I got some other adhesive film that I plan to try on the skins called UltraTrim from Hangar 9. It is used mainly for graphics on radio controlled airplanes. Found it on Amazon. Seems to closely match the LEM colors I was looking for, is really thin, and easy to cut. I’m excited to try it out and see what everyone thinks. Stay tuned!