View Single Post

Old 02-24-2020, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Canopy - One more time

Thank you Kevin and Isaac. Yes, you're right, preparing the canopy takes a lot of time and also attaching it to the fuselage is something to be done with utmost care. First, to ensure the canopy is clean at the inside, with no dust or other marks, like finger prints, and second, how to glue it properly.

Usually I like to glue such items in one go as it is the easiest way to accurately get glue at every spot. But alignment here is of key importance so I took Yoav's recommendation at heart, and started at the front, then the rear and finally the sides. Once again, time consuming but a recommendation not to be ignored.

When the model is ready I'll apply matt varnish to the frames and the fuselage to mask any excess of glue (particularly at the edges) and at seams where glue has been used to e.g. seal off small gaps.

The weather has been very gloomy again lately, so all pictures have been taken with artificial light in the background.

Next will be the main landing gear, a subject that requires quite a bit of advance studying.

Canopy done - a sigh of relief.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1509.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1510.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1511.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1513.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1514.jpg  

Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1515.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1516.jpg   Yoav's F-16A, 1:33, with landing gear-img_e1517.jpg