View Single Post

Old 03-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Most of the folks I know that use cutters use the Silhouette Cameo. In reviews from crafters, who are doing fabric patterns and things other than what we do, they think the software is difficult. But for what we do, if you have any experience with image software, it is supposed to be pretty easy. It has an option for scanning and cutting, but nobody uses it because it is 'iffy'. And it is in the $300 range, not $700. The only complaint I have heard about it from papercrafters is that the cutting mat does not last very long. Many will buy a Cricut mat instead, because they last much longer
Where did you see it has the option for scanning and cutting?

These machines can read registration marks, but you have to print those when you are printing your design. (Which also limits your print area, which means more brain damage, which...)

Unless there's a new Cameo model out with even more features, you cannot scan pre-printed sheets with a Cameo.

You are absolutely right on the cutting mat, though. The Silhouette mat is not as long-lived as the Cricut mat.

To be fair, I did hasten my Silhouette mat's demise by using the wrong cut settings...

I have also heard of people using cheap plastic baking sheets from the dollar store for cutting mats. Spray a little Krylon temporary adhesive on it and you're good to go!