View Single Post

Old 03-20-2020, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.90 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
Thanks for sharing your build. In addition to helping with the nacelle length issue, I am seeing where some of the page parts are supposed to be folded and placed. Real helpful!

Did you have any tips to fit the pieces tightly? There seems to be some fit issues that warp the model, if tightly fit in the secondary hull, or require gaps to not twist the frame? Did you experience this?

This is a real good kit; I'm just trying to figure how to build it well. Thanks for your information!
There are waves in the saucer, but I assumed that was from my reinforcing it with cardboard, not from any fit issues. In some parts of the model, the edges overlap, but I don't have any gaps.

I started the secondary hull by reinforcing the top of it with 2mm of solid cardboard so that it would not warp or twist. There is also 2mm of solid cardboard in each of the nacelles pylons.

There were a few parts that I could not figure out where they went, and ended with leaving them out. In the last picture in my post above you see the shuttle dock. I used a flat image here because I could not work out how to assemble the parts for it (until after the build was finished).