View Single Post

Old 04-13-2020, 02:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Bit more on life-size lower torso of Buzz

Dear all

The next thing I decided to do was add the former to the lower torso of Buzz. I hoped this would "improve" the lower back fitting on the model. It turned out that trying to glue this was a bit tricky in lining up where it went and then trying to keep it fixed to glue the tabs. In the end I had to use large bull dog clips to hold everything in place and then do a tab at a time.

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13839.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13840.jpg

So in the end the lower back looks like this.

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13841.jpg

It is not great but not a total disaster. Overall this is what the lower torso of Buzz now looks like

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13842.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13843.jpg

Before starting Neil's lower torso I am thinking about the lower back situation.

Regards and take care

Kevin