View Single Post

Old 04-19-2020, 10:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Preparing the wheels

Alright gents, thanks for your kind attention! The build has started in the mean time. Although not the most exciting parts of the model, they're nevertheless quite interesting: The trucks.

First, the wheels. When cutting out the parts my eye fell on the circle template on my desk and a very simple but effective idea was born. As it turned out the circle with diameter 19mm saved me a lot of time and the wheels were made in no-time. I hope the pictures speak for themselves.

Making the axles was like F16A sidewinder revisited and I used Yoav's trick to wet the paper a bit which made it so much easier to roll the tubes. Then I rolled 7.5cm of regular printing paper into a tight tube and inserted it as core for each axle.

Cutting the holes through the flanges went very easy by using a hole cutter (there must be a better word for such a useful tool) and they fit fine on the axles. Dry-fit so not glued yet.

Next will be the trucks themselves, which requires a bit of picture studying in advance.

Regards,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1760.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1761.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1762.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1751.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1752.jpg  

Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1763.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1753.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1754.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1755.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1764.jpg  

Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1756.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1757.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1758.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1759.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1768.jpg