View Single Post

Old 04-28-2020, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
This upload is the last of Mr. Kato's fire engine recolors, a Fuso Fighter crane rescue truck. I've bundled it with a what-if of an ancient minimodel.cz model (when they were still minibox.webz.cz) of a Dennis Rapier.

I'd ignored the Rapier as too boxy, but Hyka's 1:100 model is simple but surprisingly accurate. When I found photos of Bonifacio Global City Estates Association's (private) single fire truck I rescaled and recolored it, then doubled up ladders and sundry parts to make it look busy.

However the real thing is the larger Dennis Sabre, and as the 1:72 Rapier barely fit into an A4 sheet I left it alone - they look so much alike I doubt many people can tell them apart.

That's 7 BFP fire engines to start off a collection - readers will probably know about all those German and Japanese fire engines scattered across many websites. Here's a couple of websites with collections of several:
German, American and Brazilian vehicles at streetpaper.de
German, Czech, Slovak and Polish vehicles at minimodel.cz
American, German, Czech, and Slovak vehicles at minimodel.sk (entire category)
Hungarian vehicles (IFA/Raba) at papirmakett.freeweb.hu
French Citroen HY vans in various versions (including one with front and back cabs) among the hundreds of recolors at Forum en Papier

Don't even get me started on airport crash tenders!