View Single Post

Old 05-11-2020, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Algebraist:
Are you keeping track of how many sheets of card stock you are using on this Project and how much of each thickness? My fingers are cringing just thinking of all the cutting. you talk about 2mm material with what are you cutting that with? Will you take a picture of your project tool kit?
Wonderful,
Miles
Hi Miles. I am glad you like the way the model is going.

So far to cut out all the parts for the shins, knees, thighs and torso of both astronauts (which includes some bits not yet assembled like pockets etc) has taken 268 sheets of A3 paper. All these parts have been from the same type of paper which is 250 gsm.

When starting this project I knew it would use quite a bit of paper so I bought a bulk load of these A3 sheets, namely one box which contained 6 packs of 125 sheets per pack from here https://purelypaper.co.uk/Image-Digi...m-Box-6-Packs/

Here is a picture of a pack

I think the model will use most but not all of this box of paper.

I know it was a lot of money to spend on the paper, but looking at how much it costs per hour of fun building the model, it is very good value I think (and will probably cost less than 10 pence per hour!)

It has turned out to be a very "efficient" model too (more by good luck than judgement). Virtually all of the off cuts have been used to make the inner two supporting layers and strengthening strips.

Having now read your question about the card thickness and cutting it, I will put together a couple of photos as requested and answer your question next time I log on.

Regards and take care

Kevin