View Single Post

Old 05-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
More on life-size Buzz upper torso

Dear all

Feeling good after managing to make Neil's torso I decided to move straight onto continuing with Buzz's torso. It had reached the stage where the lower torso had been made and I had started the upper torso. They looked like this

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13842.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13880.jpg

Feeling confident, I decided to join these two arts together straight away and then build the torso up. So a bit of "cutting" removed the tabs off the upper torso and then the joining could happen. Here it is part way through

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13915.jpg

I then started adding the torso parts. Of course this was a lot more relaxing knowing it could be done. Here are some various stages

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13918.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13925.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13929.jpg

The last photo above made me smile. It reminded me of a film my kids liked to watch when they were small. This film is Megamind

which has the line "What is the difference between a Villain and a Super Villain? Presentation!"

I continued with the tops of the shoulders, forming the neck hole and the left shoulder (all of which was the same as Neil. I also added the disks for the mission patches holes.

Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13937.jpg Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13893.jpg
Life-Size Buzz and Neil (enlarged 1/4 Ken West "Apollo Astronauts on the Moon")-sdc13947.jpg

The left shoulder is now complete, including former (cut from 2 mm card as with Neil).

The next thing I tried was to do Buzz's right shoulder (which is different to Neil's) and first off was to cut the former out (again from 2 mm card). Cutting the formers has been getting steadily harder and harder because my hand joints are finding it increasingly difficult to grip the knife strong enough. I am really struggling to finish this former and can cut less and less before my hand just gives up entirely being able to grip the knife. I need to have a rethink on former cutting.

Regards and take care

Kevin