View Single Post

Old 05-14-2020, 01:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250

Good morning to all paper-modelers

In this Covid-19 period, with a lot of time passed at home for smart-working (working more heavily that on pre-covid period) have found a bit of time to complete another little model in 1:250 scale from HMV that I bought some years ago and never built before.

This is a little, nice, steam "salon" ship (in German terms : Dampschiff) named ALEXANDRA, built in 1908 and still in service today for short cruiser along the harbor of Flensburg (Germany).
Probably is the only one last worldwide survivor of a passenger ship still burning coal and still in service for cruiser.

Below you can find some more information from various public links in internet, where you can find the history and the pictures of this little vessel.

https://www.flensburger-foerde.de/en...mer-alexandra/

Marine steam boilers

Anyway... also in this model I made some improvements from original kit.

Wherever possible I have tried to transform particulars from a a 2-D surface in a 3-D shape, and worked on more customized details like railings, crane, steam pipes and others.

Also on this model, all the rigging are made by very thin paper stripes, cut averagely in 0,2 mm thickness with very sharp blade and a lot of care...

So, here some pics of the model

I hope that you'll like this little beauty

Have a nice day and an happy paper-modeling time !!

Stay safe

Ciao

Jp
Attached Thumbnails
Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-13.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-14.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-15.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-16.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-17.jpg  

Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-18.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-19.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-20.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-21.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-22.jpg  

Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-23.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-24.jpg   Steam ship ALEXANDRA - HMV 1:250-alexandra-25.jpg