View Single Post

Old 05-15-2020, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Super Cool Treat Today: Fairchild C-123 Provider

After work today, called my RV-6 airplane mechanic to schedule my yearly maintenance inspection.

We did that for the 6th of June.

Then he says, "what'ca doing?". Where you at? kind of questions.

Next thing you know, I'm invited over for the first engine start in a long, long time for a Fairchild C-123 Provider. It is parked less than a mile from my home.

Cameras and movies taken. Had to leave fast before could better inside and outside photos, get to go back to get more when my mechanic cranks the other engine.

This aircraft has been parked a long time, the rudder pedals look new! Very little wear. Would say that they might be a replacement, but overall whole plane looks barely used. Still has a jump cable down the side. Can open the door and practice stand in the door technique!

Photos:
Saw the props spinning before crossing airstrip. Parked car jumped out and started taking these photos, switched to movies right after the first couple of photos.

Props are spinning- Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0691.jpg

First firing, not much smoke yet: Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0692.jpg

Mechanic and his sonAircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0694.jpg

Purring like a kitten, it sure sounded good when running, smooth as silk Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0698.jpg

Engines stopped: Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0699.jpg

Interior looks like new paint, seats look brand new, still has a jump cable down the Left side: Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0700.jpg Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0701.jpg Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0702.jpg

Cockpit, notice how new the co-pilot rudder pedals look Aircraft, Glider and Balloon Pics - Anything real, military or civil, that flies!-dsc_0707.jpg

What a great treat!

Mike