View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
After the fairing for the main gear and the airco packs is installed, I marked two places where I want to put the axilliary spars in the fuselage for the wings to attach to. I will make the wings seperately, that is safer in order not to ruin the fuselage if anything goes wrong.
In the meantime, I drew the spars on 1 mm cardboard, front and aft with the curvature that is based on the first picture in the previous post with a part of the auxilliary spar in the fuselage, see pic 1.
These fuselage spars can be short, I only need them to firmly attach the completed wings to the fuselage, see pics 2,3 and 4.
In pic 2, I arranged the wing in place and started to think, how to construct the wing skins on a curved surface. You all know, that paper, unlike metal, cannot readily be formed in two dimensions. Next time more.
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0027.jpg   Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0028.jpg   Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0029.jpg   Boeing 787 flex wing in flight, an attempt-img_0030.jpg