View Single Post

Old 05-18-2020, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
The first picture in Dhanners post says it all. Boeing went to 150% load which results in a tip rise of 26 feet. I am trying building the 1 g flex, which flexes up to 10 feet above neutral. Remember, composite material is not comparable to aluminium alloys.
Ultimate load (to which Boeing did not go to) is significantly more flexed than 150% load as compared to normal flight. Ser 400 knows how dangerous such a test can be. I have no experience in ultimate load composite wing testing, only aluminium alloys, but I imagine the explosion of a composite structure can be just as, if not more, dangerous.

Another give-away is that in flight , viewed from the side, you can see the other wing above the top of the fuselage. When on the ground, you do not see the other wing.
Reagarding Dh. other remark on compressing the upper side and stretching the underside of the wing, I solved that by building first the underside, and then the uper side. These skins neede to be adapted, as you already expected. In next posts I'll show how I did this. Others may have found other solutions, and I'll be most interested to hear about that.