View Single Post

Old 05-20-2020, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
We get a dozen or more new registrations every week.

If you applied to access the forum you would have received an email stating that "we have received your application and it will be reviewed"
And yes, you would have received another email if your registration had been approved.

Obviously it was not approved (for some reason).

We (me and my moderators) manually check every new registration (unless I happen to already know you).
We check IP addresses and email addresses against a number of online Blacklists.
We search user names and email addresses for any suspicious online activities.(Google and Bing searches)

If your registration was not approved, then I assume we found something negative.
And we often put a small explanation which you will see when you try to access the site again.
Some thing like "blacklisted IP for spam" or "suspicious online activity".

With the trouble I have had in the past with site hacking and spammers, I have no interest in taking any more risks.
It costs me a lot of money to host, setup and maintain all the sites I have online,
including all the free models I share on my forum and website.
So, blocking or banning the occasional suspicious registration does happen.
Its done to protect me, my websites, and my other members from unwanted happenings.

If you saw the message "IP blacklisted spam reported", I'd guess your IP has appeared on more than one Blacklist for spam related incidents or reports.
I suggest you look into that with your ISP and if you get the matter cleared up, you can always reapply to the forum.

My apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.

Last edited by airdave; 05-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.