View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Side step to the interior

Thank you Glenn and Gary.

That's a valid remark Glenn regarding the disc brake details. The discussion with the designer regarding the brake system only started when I was well underway with building the trucks and although the design has been altered now, I still have to correct the top and bottom view. In the final design these details have been removed and others added to the reflect the clasp-style brakes as you call them. I still have to add those details as well.

Just a short getaway from finalizing the trucks and I started with the interior. The interior consists of two segments, a seating section and a sleeping section, consisting of small bedrooms with cabinets for as I presume, washing basins, storage and perhaps a bathroom. Otherwise, the bathrooms are located further down the corridor.

I started with the seating compartment. Lots of wall segments to be doubled, and in fact I tripled them, which suits the outlines of where they have to be placed more accurate. As these elements will also act as formers, providing structural strength, this is I think not a luxury.

The compartment of each passenger is equipped with a small table and a seat, which will be installed later. A few more details will be added as well.

Two compartments puzzle me. In the model they apparently do not have a function as there is no door printed on the wall, but they are equipped with a small window (that would disqualify them as bathrooms!).

I decided to let my imagination take over and am building one of the compartments as a luggage hold and the other one may well become a small room for a train attendant, with a table, a chair and a small cabinet on the wall.

Anyway, it's all work in progress and to give you an impression of the size of the eventual model, I put both sections of the sleeper next to each other. Overall size will be something like 55cm (21.5 inches), not particularly small.

That's it for now,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1887.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1888.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1889.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1890.jpg