View Single Post

Old 05-25-2020, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Well for the most part I laminate different sources until I get the desired thickness using various weights of paper and cardstock as well as cereal boxes, backs of paper pads, etc. It is difficult to find some readily available commercial stock at the desired thickness,

It helps if you have a digital caliper. You can find some for relatively cheap prices in the USA, probably the same in Europe.

Spray adhesive is good for the laminations. Place the lamination under some heavy weight to help keep it flat.

Here is a thread discussing another method of laminating.
Necroscoping for Laminations
Hi Doug,
Yes, I had thought of that, its just I need quite a lot and my experience thus far is that being a tad fussy at the start tends to pay off in the later stages, therefore was looking for a uniform stock. Could be in serious trouble when the coco pops character is nowhere to be seen, know what I mean?!
Am kicking myself I didn't pick up the digital caliper in LIDL when I last saw one.
Thanks for the tip about the spray for laminations (picked up a batch for a great deal in LIDL not so long ago! And that another great tip re the weights too..
Likely I will contact Bart at JSC, see if he can help maybe...
Thanks again Doug!