View Single Post

Old 06-07-2020, 04:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Interior - continued

The seats have many rounded edges, and assembly takes quite a bit of effort. It took me a few seats before I figured the easiest (and fastest) way of gluing the parts together. Thereto, I cut away the small gluing tabs at the rounded edges, they make assembly more difficult than necessary. The trick is to work as symmetrical as possible. The rest of the story is told via the pictures. The arm rests are small parts and while looking at the finished seats I imagine they must have been very comfortable for long cross-country journeys.

This section of the sleeper consists of 10 seats, plus the one that I added in the cabin attendant's compartment, so altogether 11. One side is ready now and on to the next row of five.

I've also glued the windows on one of the sides and reinforced the outside wall with pieces of 160 grams paper.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1911.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1912.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1913.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1914.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1915.jpg  

Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1918.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_e1919.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_e1920.jpg