View Single Post

Old 06-16-2020, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 109.2 KB
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive_Rate View Post
Hello Arjan,
Fascinating model. Am curious about a few things:
Barrels for the large guns – how did you make them?
I imagine 3 parts, a tube for the base of the gun, disc to separate the base and outer section, and another miniscule tube for the outer gun barrel section. Is that correct?
How did you roll such miniscule tubes?

About the barrels, you start with the smallest tube, and then a bigger one is partially slid over it.
For the rolling I used a set of metal wires in various thicknesses.
First you cut out the part, and then make it slightly wet.
Depending on the size pick a metal wire and roll it over the part on a soft surface like your finger.
When the part is in the correct shape let it dry.
And then add some glue from the inside of the tube:

Quote:
Are you painting the white edges of the parts, or using felt tip or other method?
I tried different things like pencils and felt tips pens, but the best thing really are the watercolor pencils, like Faber-Castell.
With a little brush directly take some paint from the tip.
You have them in every color, and can buy them separate in the colors needed:

Quote:
Abouth the foil for the bridge windows – does it come in the kit? Or what is it exactly?
I use wathever I can find, normally in a cheap actionshop there a lots of thing packed in foil what is usable.

Quote:
I am intrigued also with the small gun – the handwheel and spindle it sits on – are these lasercuts? The whole assembly looks intricate – did you use a magnifier in assembling it – would appreciate a few tips how you did that.
They are indeed lasercut.
I personally don't use a magnifier, what I use is a daylight lamp to have a clear view.

Regards,

Arjan