View Single Post

Old 06-16-2020, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello after a long break.

Progress is hardly visible, mainly because the preparation of "Leudo" for release took me (as usual) 4 times more time than I expected. But something has been built, so some photos of the progress on de Ruyter's flagship are.

The sides rose very slowly, more the right one, where the gun ports will be closed.

It was all glued as in the photo below:
1 - the first plating layer which extends above the deck
2 - brackets
3 - "spacer" strips on the deck
4 - inner bulwark planks (amidships)
5 - next outer layers

The gunports frames were gradually glued into the bulwark prepared in this way. And it worked, because even if there were slight shifts in relation to the internal and external openings, pasting separate individual parts of the frames hid and eliminated minor errors.

The front wall was created, but now it has only a structural role and you still have to wait for its decoration and charm:

I don't even remember why, but I glued some parts of the planking three or even four times:
or I printed the wrong version and after gluing something did not fit, or I wanted to change something, and after gluing I came to the conclusion that the previous version was better, etc. etc. The strained material can be seen e.g. at the last gunport at the stern:

I put in the gratings and some of the gun carriages.

Some artillery will be hardly visible, so I treated it as a sample. However, midship artillery will be printed and cut out manually - it will take more time, but I'm expect a better effect. It is comforting that you can use 2 mm blocks - you will always see what you are doing without a microscope:

Best wishes
Tomek