View Single Post

Old 06-21-2020, 11:09 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!

Recently, after my suggestion to Airdave to do a Koolwheelz version of Wayne and Garth's AMC Pacer from the 1992 movie Wayne's World was soundly rejected with scorn and derision (LOL), I did a brief web search and found a French blogster who had already developed an old school, B&W, hand drawn paper model of a 1976 Pacer. His 61 page blog features many of his own hand drawn model cars, as well as simple colored model cars that he gleaned from other sources. I'm not sure if his blog would be considered a pirate site or not, so I won't post a link, but a Google search for "AMC Pacer paper model" will bring up a jpeg image of the unbuilt kit, and you can access his blog from there if so inclined.

Using Photoshop, and stills from the movie, I came up with a pretty good replica of the movie car: same baby blue color, same flames, same license plate, mags on the back, stock wheel covers on the front, and Wayne and Garth flashing smiling peace signs from either side of the car. I modified the model with 3D tires for a (slightly) better look.

It's about as cool as a Pacer can be, which doesn't say much.
Attached Thumbnails
AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer1.jpg   AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer2.jpg   AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer3.jpg   AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer4.jpg   AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer5.jpg  

AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer6.jpg   AMC Pacer SCHWINGGG!!!-pacer7.jpg