View Single Post

Old 06-25-2020, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
The bedrooms

I must admit, I'm a bit sloppy with using the correct wording for describing the parts and spaces that make up the sleeper but English is not my native tongue and I'm very grateful that you guys keep on coming with useful and very interesting information. I loved to read about the features of the Pullman bedrooms and roomettes, very ingenious and nostalgic.

I know that the designer had a hard time to find consistent pictures of the internal layout and details (he used his own imagination as well to fill in the blind spots) and what you see here in the pictures differs from the bedroom arrangement so nicely described in the Pullman brochure but on the other hand the layout matches more or less with different pictures Cor showed me.

Anyway, this is how the other half of the sleeper will look like. All walls are in place (with perfect fit) and now I'm working on the seats and benches to complete this section. Also the seat parts come together without problems.

A few other details still have to be added, such as reading lights and a few Sante Fe Railways posters on the walls. These do not come with the model but it's fun to play around a bit.

Having said that, it's pretty dark inside the sleeper and I've been searching for led light strips for the internals to stand out better, and to do justice to the effort put into designing and building them. Not sure where this will lead to but it's worth the try.

Lights have to be in place before gluing the ceiling to each section. Thanks Diderick, for pointing out a few very useful sites and I think to have found what I'm looking for.

To be continued.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1963.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1964.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1965.jpg   Santa Fe Sleeper Pine Grove-img_1966.jpg