View Single Post

Old 07-05-2020, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

Shit happens!

Unfortunately at the beginning of the week I had a stupid accident in our garden, from which I still have to recover ...

At our house, in front of a window in a basement room, there is an approx. 1,5 m deep circular light shaft with boulders lying on top of each other, in which I was fumbling about the roses there.

When climbing out, I had apparently not got enough swing with my left leg at the last step from the narrow rock edge upwards and therefore did not get past my body's center of gravity, but fell backwards into the shaft, especially since I could not hold on nowhere ...

At that moment only a flash of thought shot through my head ... Now it's going downwards ... Holy shit!!!
Doing so I must have somehow fallen onto the left upper arm/chest/wrist, but luckily I did not ram my head against something ...

After I had arduously bobbed myself up, I felt pain on my wrist, which was rather scratched by the steel bracelet of the watch, and in the upper left chest area, as I had got to know it painfully years ago when I had a bruised rib ...

After recovering from the first horrors, I've got more momentum on the second try and was happy when I was atop again. Only then I've noticed that I had lost my glasses when falling, but luckily they were lying on the floor undamaged (red circle), thank goodness!

This will be a lesson to me, because next time I'm going to put a ladder.

The bad thing about a bruised rib is just that there is nothing one can do about it other than to be careful and preferably not cough, sneeze or laugh out loud ...

But the pain during deep breathing, bending down and lifting, and especially when sleeping, is very uncomfortable because one can hardly turn, which is why I had lost interest in building for now ...
So please be patient, I will get back as soon as possible and then it will continue.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)