Thread: Dd-793
View Single Post

Old 07-13-2020, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
DD-793 update

HI All;

DD-850, CL-52 and DD-795 are all in 1/192 scale. Probably mention of it was not clear in the earlier post with the profile. As for the Bofors, the build is not far enough along to really consider that, yet. There is one twin mount and two quad mounts. There are certainly other problems ahead. For example, Early this morning, the five inch page and the stack page were hauled out for test fitting. Never got to the Five Inchers. On close inspection, just about the entire stack page has to be redrawn. There was a problem with the fit of the stack trunk, which of course telescopes through the entire assembly and threw the dimensions of the stacks off. Par for the course. The revision is in mid course at the moment. Having been through this with just about every model designed, it's expected. at some point or other. Sometimes more than once. Here is a sample of the current small weapons page, just so you can see what is going on to date. Right now it's hard to tell whether I'm in front of the fence, over it, or hung up on it. It will be months before I get to it. One good thing is that I live in an area where the ship is easily accessible, so photos are not a problem.

Regards, rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
Dd-793-14-small-guns.jpg