View Single Post

Old 08-30-2009, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Webdude's Lightning McQueen

Hello All,

I'm building something way out of my norm here. My Nephew is a huge Cars fan so when I saw Webdude's models I sent a link to the brother in law hoping he may try to build some for his son. His reply was hey you know his B-Day is coming up :P So I'm doing the build instead. Oh well always try to learn something new I say.

Even though it has very few parts I have found it a challenge as I'm not usually a car model builder. 1st thing i did was to eliminate all tabs and do inside strip tabs. Quite an effort for a model that may not survive long.

I did make a somewhat big but correctable mistake. I addes tabs along the wheel wells and when I addes the underside the wells seems too long :P I took another look at the PDO and low and behold the wells are not flush to the outer panels :P Had to cut off all the tabs there.

Got the body completed except for securing the wells to the inner body sides. I also need to touch up the wheels and mount them. Seems there is no axel support for this one as many of the other models have but I'll figure that out tomorrow. It's late and I'm outta juice :P Not much more to go build wise then it's clear coat and in a box for the B-Day coming up.

Though it's not really my thing this was an incredibly fun model to build. I and I'm sure the nephew thank you Webdude :D

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Webdude's Lightning McQueen-08290001.jpg   Webdude's Lightning McQueen-08290003.jpg   Webdude's Lightning McQueen-08290004.jpg   Webdude's Lightning McQueen-08300006.jpg   Webdude's Lightning McQueen-08300007.jpg