View Single Post

Old 07-26-2020, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Sorry for the delay in doing a post.

up next is the barrel got so involved that I forgot to take any photo till I had assembled the barrel it is made up of an inner tube for the bore this did roll a nicely as I hoped but no one will see the creases in it. for the more important out skin of the barrel, I turned a piece of brass to a near a nuff taper. and then rolled the skin progresably smaller till it was rolled under sizes. I then glued the first cm at the narrower end together and slowly moved up the barrel till it was all glued I did turn the brass to stop it from being glued in place.

I thought the mussel brake was going to be a challenge. with the conical part and the cutouts but it was a nightmare of a job not helped by the glue not sticking well but I won in the end.

the assembled barrel ready to add the mussel brake I picked the camouflage barrel I did wonder how effective it would be. but I does work in making the barrel shorter

with the mantel shield added.

with the mussel brake added.

the completed gun barrel assembly read to go in the turret.

dry-fitted to the turret.

that's it for this post just the turret basket to do.