View Single Post

Old 08-12-2020, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I hate to say this but I retract my earlier comments.
I ordered some UHU glue on Amazon. While a bit on the expensive side it works a lot, lot better than Aleene's tacky glue. And I tested it against Aleene's Quick Dry and Fast grab glue.
UHU glue dried quicker and didn't have any wrinkling problems.
I could still use Aleene's quick dry or fast grab I just have to remember to have something to hold it in place while drying. I bought some miniature clothespins for that, and not spread it on too thick.
The one thing I don't like about UHU is it's a bit on the thin side and stringy. While you can squeeze it right out of the tube it's inviting disaster. It's better to use something else to spread it. I've taken to putting some aluminum foil and using a small metal painting knife to spread it on the paper. Looks like a mini spatula. Don't get the plastic ones they break.
I'm also looking into using a plastic bottle dispenser with a syringe tip in the cap. But I have not tried it yet so I don't know how well the bottle will hold up, If the tip gets clogged etc. Do a search on amazon for "5 Packs 30CC Art Bottle, 30ML Needle Tip Glue Bottle" to see what I'm looking at. If anyone else has used something similar tell me how if it works for you.