View Single Post

Old 08-13-2020, 04:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear you like this Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
That camo-is this standard Italian camo for military vehicles at any period or a theatre specific set of colors?

On other note I wonder if you noticed similarities of this Fiat truck to post war Polish prototype of A80 Zubr.I wonder if this just a coincidence.
That camo seems to be typical for Italy 1943-1944. I've never seen it on the Italian vehicles used in other theatres like the Eastern Front or North Africa for example. A bit similar camos were used in Balkans, however, they had only two colors, green and sand yellow. The patterns were also different.
I said my truck is most likely from 1943 because of the Regio Esercito(Royal Italian Army) registration plates. On September 1943, Italy was split into two separate states, one on the Allied side, one on the German side. I think they could have used different plates for their vehicles after that split to avoid the confusion.
So, considering all these things, I'd say that my Fiat is from Italy(because of the camouflage), and it's from 1943, before the September(because of the Regio Esercito registration plates).

I don't think the 626 is similar to a Zubr A80...
To me, the early Star trucks are a closer match. I'm pretty much sure that Polish engineers were clearly inspired by the WWII Fiat trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
Do you already have your next project in sight?
Not yet.
I have some ideas for the next project but so far, no decision has been made.

Last edited by PacificWind; 08-13-2020 at 05:05 AM.