View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 711.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I have to ask, since we had this discussion about unauthorized Canon repaints recently...
do you have permission (from Canon) to (repaint and) redistribute outside of Canon's own website?

And what about the Oddball (Murphy) kit, sold through ecardmodels, that you have repainted and are sharing...does the designer know?
I'm sure ecardmodels doesn't!

Same goes for the Nobi Osprey...do you have proper permissions for that one too.

If the answers are no, then lets kill the link to this 'Mega' folder ASAP!

Mods?
I was under the impression that everything in the MEGA folder was either original design or authorized repaints. If they are not, then I have to agree with Airdave - unless the repaints can be considered "fan art" since none are being offered for sale.

I had downloaded Hermercraft models directly from his individual FB posts and just recently saw his post where he had shared the contents of his entire folder of aircraft.
Next time, I'll be sure to investigate further and get clarification before sharing a link like this, again.

My apologies to Rick, the Paper modelers Forum members, and applicable designers if this is in fact infringement of any of their designs.