View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Thrust structure and F-1 engines

Well, this is the thrust structure, completed with the 5 F-1 engines.

As I told before, the execution is not so clean, at least not as I would like and probably the pictures hide some defects.

Some words about the F-1 engines.
For those who want to build the entire missile, I suggest to build first the J-2 engines, because the structure is similar and the instructions are very clear, in the Greelt's way.
I fixed the wrong light reflex of parts 23 and 31, because in the original models both left and right variants are identical; I attached the fixed pages.
I used the Jasper coloring as described at point 2 in my first post, but I cut the glue tab of part 3 and used a strip instead, to obtain a better joint.
When cutting the parts 9 (A to L) out, cut the black borders off: in this way, the last part will not need to be trimmed. Furthermore, don't roll them before glue them on ring of step 4, so the spring effect will maintain the ring expanded outwards; if the resulting pipe were too much pressed, the part 15 in step 16 could have alignment issues.

The thrust structure.
I followed the Greelt's instructions, adding just the red retro rockets and omitting the part 37, because they would have hidden the retro rockets.

P.S.: the striped blue background is due to the northern Lights in the moment of shooting!
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Greelt's Saturn V 1:48 build-20200912_161035.jpg   Yet another Greelt's Saturn V 1:48 build-20200912_161304.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf F-1_fixed.pdf (2.16 MB, 31 views)