View Single Post

Old 10-03-2020, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 362.87 MB
Thanks Jeff (Doubting Thomas) for your comments about the Atlas rockets. You are a trailblazer in building models from silver paper. I'm glad I can follow the mile-markers you left along the path.

The 2nd part of the test build is to build a model from the sample silver foil label paper I received. The 1st photo shows the laser printer I am using to print the patterns on silver paper. It has become surplus and is used to print scans for the grandkids. That is why my wife let me print silver gift wrapping paper in it.

The next photo shows the pattern printed on the Silver Foil Label Paper. The Silver Foil is noticeably shinier than the silver gift wrapping paper. I printed an updated Atlas Agena pattern on the silver gift wrapping paper and will be building it with the Silver Foil pattern model. The next photo shows the majors parts of the two patterns.

This part of the test build is to see if the Silver Foil pattern can be built using the same modeling techniques as the silver gift wrapping paper pattern. The next photo shows a change with the Aft Bulkhead only having to be peeled and stuck to the card stock instead of glued. The next photo shows the Silver Foil Main Tank rolled. I wasn't able to use the rubber band because it wouldn't hold it in shape.

The next photo shows the Main Tanks rolled and the Instrumentation Pods glued to them. I used Canopy glue to attach them to the Main Tanks on the models. The next photo show the Aft Bulkhead attached to the models. I drilled holes in the Bulkhead to help attach the bottom pipe. The last photo shows the Main Tank and Tapered Section. So far, the Silver Foil parts have glued much like the silver gift wrapping paper parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-laser-printer.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-silver-foil-pattern.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-silver-foil-parts.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-bulkheads-card-stock.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-foil-main-tank-rolled.jpg  

Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-foil-instrumentation-pods.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-foil-main-tank-below.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-foil-main-tank.jpg