View Single Post

Old 10-05-2020, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 362.87 MB
There were no issues using the Silver Foil with the large parts of the Atlas model. The small parts will be cut, shaped and glued next. As a test I didn't un-peel the backing paper from the Silver Foil label and left it attached when cutting, shaping and gluing these parts. This may prove to be a mistake in the future, but this is a test build to try different ideas. The 1st photo shows the small parts glued to the Silver Foil and Silver gift wrapping paper models. The same glue was used on both models.

The next photo shows the wire I glued in the hole I drilled in the Aft Bulkhead to glue the bottom pipe onto. This should provide additional support for the pipe when bumped. The last photo shows the completed Atlas rocket with the Tapered Section attached and the engines and bottom pipe glued on. I am going to try and roll the bottom pipe tighter so it is smaller, but I might not be able to make it much smaller. I did roll the pipe before cutting the bend notches as it was harder to roll with the notches are cut.

I will be building the payload sections next and they don't use any Silver Foil on them. While there are some differences in cutting and shaping between the Silver Foil Silver gift wrapping paper, I found the gluing and model building to be the same and used the same glues on both models.
Attached Thumbnails
Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-small-parts-tank.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-wire-bottom.jpg   Atlas D in 1:240 scale printed on silver paper-tank-top.jpg