View Single Post

Old 10-27-2020, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good models, Murph!

I got the Don Trainer and the PBR. Plan to wait until the other P/F-51Hs come out and get them all as a bundle.

The Don Trainer in yellow looks good. I really must get on with my build of the prototype. Am grappling with the landing gear housings. Fourth time might be the charm. Ordered some Bounty bars to sustain me in the build.

I like the PBR. There was a PBR outfit based near our compound (an old French colonial mansion that housed the Vinh Binh Province advisor team and the 14th ARVN regimental advisors) in Tra Vinh (Vinh Binh City) on the Bassac (Hau) River in the Mekong Delta. I think it was a detachment of either River Division 51 headquartered at Cần Thơ or River Division 52 headquartered at Sa Đéc. On occasion, I saw the boats heading out or returning from missions or would pass them when we were traveling via LCM. In the spring of 1967, the actor Henry Fonda, who had played USN Lieutenant Roberts in the play and film Mr. Roberts went out on one of the boats on a night mission. I don't think they had any contact that night, but it certainly endeared Fonda to the PBR crews.

Don