View Single Post

Old 11-03-2020, 03:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.91 MB
Diorama: USCG Response Small Boat

Hi all,

I think to highlight a model it is essential to present it in its real environment.
This time, I chose to build the "US Coast Guard Response Small Boat" from paper replika, a nice little model measuring 17cm (6.7 in).
That free model is correct (excepted a few details like the lenght of the cabin) my thanks to its designer!
I found a photo showing this boat in its Bayfield (Wisconsin) homeport and I decided to build this photo in 3D.
The background scenery and the water come from the modified photo and the quay and its parts are reproduced in paper and copper wires.
I tried to give the model as much detail as possible for more realism by adding transparent windows, interior trim, copper wires for all possible parts, adding or modifying certain missing or false parts.
The first photo is the result, the second is the real photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Diorama: USCG Response Small Boat-paskal-uscg-small-boat-response_5b.jpg   Diorama: USCG Response Small Boat-uscg-bayfield-sbr.jpg   Diorama: USCG Response Small Boat-paskal-uscg-small-boat-response_2b.jpg   Diorama: USCG Response Small Boat-paskal-uscg-small-boat-response_1b.jpg