View Single Post

Old 11-05-2020, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Tektonten and Don. After some measuring, I came up with two dimensions for the base of one of the models in question, the Indisk Pagode, or Indian Pagoda.

When the width of the page is measured as it's presented in an above link, the base of the completed model would be 2 7/64" X 1 19/64", or effectively 2 1/8" X 5/16"

However, the left margin of the page has been cleanly cut, reducing its size. By centering the frame drawn around the model between two margins of equal size and remeasuring, the size of the model's base is now 2 1/64" X 1 15/64", or effectively 2" X 1 1/4". That's pretty close to the 2" X 1 3/8" size of a modern American matchbox.

I was wrong when I first started reading this thread, as I though the models must surely be built to sit on a larger box of strike-anywhere kitchen matches. But no, they're meant to use an old Swedish match box as their plinth.

Building a proper Scandinavian matchbox for the models shouldn't pose a problem, as there are hundreds of vintage matchbox cover available on the internet. Check out Patricia M's Agence Eureka and flickr sites, or a Google search for many colorful varieties. Look for the Made In Sweden mark to ensure quality.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog