View Single Post

Old 11-07-2020, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Advice on unwrapping in Blender

Nothing super complex here, but I need some help/guidance with the UV Texture unwrapping in Blender. I'm using version 2.71, but that's neither here nor there. I'm using the smart UV unwrapping tool and playing with the settings, but its hard to nail the "best" curvature to make flattening this part. If its a matter of hunting until successful, okay, fine. But if there's a best-recommended-for-such-and-such, I thought it worth asking.

So, as you'll see in the attached image, the bow (and the rear, but lets focus on the bow) is roughly rectangular with a bevel that narrows relatively uniformly. This model is designed in 1:1 scale, so when I scale it down that bevel will probably blow out and may have to be represented with shading. So, I should be left folding this out to four tapering petals, in my mind. But for the life of me its not slicing as clean as that at all. Perhaps I'm missing a step? Maybe I need to set seams?

Anyhow, thanks in advance all. Hopefully you've a hint that gets me going in the right direction again.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on unwrapping in Blender-cq-10-3d-draft.jpg   Advice on unwrapping in Blender-starboard-02.jpg