View Single Post

Old 11-12-2020, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Sorry not to have posted any updates in a while, although been making good progress. Sadly after a lot of attempts I could not quite get the door mechanism to work properly. At this scale it proved impossible to fabricate parts that were strong enough to work and place the hinge in the right place. This is where I got to with the door hinging - they are 'bus' type inswinging doors. A big problem was friction between the parts, which varnish, tape and paint did not really solve. I think I would need to find a way to 'hang' the doors more securely on the arms that move them. Another problem would have been how to make both doors move simultanously. Ah well, maybe something to make a better attempt at in the future:

A little further down the process, the end wall of the carriage is painted, glazed and fixed together. I decided that the windows here should not be opening ones, as they are behind a bench seat and it might be hazardous to have this feature when the train is coupled together.

The side decals are cut from thin magazine pages. Now the seats -

I actually altered some of these as they were too wide, but the basic design is the same.

Fast forward to all seats in place, internal dividers which act as formers (these are partially glazed) and luggage racks against the wall and overhead. I am just about the glue the last one in place.

At the moment I am just finishing the roof: here the roof battens are cut and ready to be glued: