View Single Post

Old 11-28-2020, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

I've kept thinking and remembered the thin cable insulations which are lying on side for a long time already, here e.g. with Ø 0,7 mm, which would fit exactly.

To do this it would have to be possible to get the thin LED wires (0,1 mm) threaded into this tube, but I think this should be possible for short pieces of 1 - 2 mm length.

In discussion with my friend Arno (McPhönix) we quickly came from insulating tube to shrinking tube, with which I've also experimented a longer time ago, however for cables with slightly larger diameters.

And shrinking tube is also available with smaller diameters, e.g. Ø 2 mm, which shrinks to 1 mm and is also transparent, which would be ideal for the lamp, especially since it would also protect the encased LED at the same time.

Source: led-bestellen.de

And this idea I followed up right away, have Googled, and among other things, I on this, found in my opinion even this better suited, thin-walled, transparent Shrinking tube (1,6:0,8), which would be almost ideal for the Crawler lamps.

And since the tube also has a small range like a lampshade at the transition after shrinking, it should be thought about whether this variant could also generally be considered for the rest lamps of the Launch Pad, with the help of which I could therefore spare the more elaborate solution using ferrules ...

With it I will experiment soon, especially since the shrunk "glass body" with the LED inside could be sealed perfectly at the bottom with a drop of Bondic UV adhesive.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)