View Single Post

Old 12-01-2020, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.99 MB
SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale

I have made further progress with building Prinz Adalbert. Forward on the main deck I have installed the funnel and its associated steam pipes. These were built the usual way by rolling the parts around suitable mandrels. I used tracing paper to make a tab when joining the funnel seam. Each steam pipe I rolled around brass rod and left most of it inside to give me a peg at the bottom that fitted into a hole in the casing. Their support brackets are a single piece of fine brass wire passed through the funnel from side to side.

Towards the stern I installed the circular fixed turret. I opened up two of the gun ports and fitted the two guns that armed the turret. There are eight ports around the turret but, even though the guns could be moved to fire through any of them, their field of fire was very limited.

Maurice
Attached Thumbnails
SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-26.jpg   SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-29.jpg   SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-27.jpg   SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-28.jpg