View Single Post

Old 12-05-2020, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.99 MB
SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale

Today was much calmer and more productive.

I first assembled and installed five more ladders: the other one leading up to the foredeck, two accessing the turret top, and two leading to the poop deck.

I then rolled the bowsprit and made the two box-section catheads. After fitting the chocks for these parts I installed them on the foredeck.

With the bowsprit and catheads in place I was in a position to fit the railings around the foredeck, a task that essentially completed that part of the model. I also shaped and fitted the railings around the turret top, which completed that area of the model, too. The railings are from laser-cut paper.

I also added the funnel stays from very fine copper wires. The final details I completed today were the accommodation ladders which again are from laser-cut paper and installed in their stowed position just forward of the entry port against the bulwarks on each side.

Thank you again for your encouragement.

Maurice
Attached Thumbnails
SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-35.jpg   SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-36.jpg   SMS Prinz Adalbert, 1865 - 1:250 scale-prinz-34.jpg