View Single Post

Old 12-06-2020, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody on the 2nd evening of Advent,

before I take off my Crawler glasses again, I took care of the dimensions of further components that I don't want to use from the Paper kit, but will scratch from Plastic profiles.

For this purpose I've found a number of NASA drawings in the Yahoo-LUT-Group, from which I could take important dimensions, such as these here with the frame structure (Chassis Structure Lower Level) for the construction of the Underbody (Sheet 4):

Source: savethelut.org (John Cato)

This initially concerns the dimensions of the green marked Wide Flange Beams in the Diagonal Box 3 & 4, which have the following dimensions,

Wide 18'' = 457 mm = 2,9 mm (1:160)
Deep 24'' = 610 mm = 3,8 mm (1:160)

as well as the blue marked profiles with the following dimensions:

Wide 12'' = 305 mm = 1,9 mm (1:160)
Deep 24'' = 610 mm = 3,8 mm (1:160)

Unfortunately, the dimensions of the yellow, light blue and red marked profiles cannot be found in this drawing, which is why I have to search through other drawings, which is a bit tedious.

For the blue marked Beams 40-58 I've found I-Profiles (4,0 x 2,0 mm) from Evergreen, which are very close to the original dimensions.

The red marked outer Longitudinal Box Girders I have now found in the Sectional view (AD-AD, Sheet 34) in this drawing.

Source: savethelut.org (John Cato)

Their dimensions are:

Height 2' = 610 mm = 3,8 mm (1:160)
Width 1'-6,25''= 464 mm = 2,9 mm (1:160)

Since there is no such Box profile by Evergreen, I will use a Square profile 3,2 x 4 mm instead.

That's it for today, the remaining profiles I'll still find as well.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)