Thread: CSS Tennessee
View Single Post

Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I m glad the PDF came through OK...Someone has the Albemarle started in the back ground!

I use pop tart boxes and Mac & Cheese boxes myself. Just a heads up. I hd forgot to take into account the thickness of the base and card when designing the CSS Fredericksburg and the skirting/hull sides came out too short. I have fixed the design on that madel but I can not rember if I also shortd the ships sides on this model or not. If I did, let me know and I will fix the design.

The Tennessee has straight lines at the waterline so simple extending the hull with thin cuts of red card would be a quick fix if I did short it. That would save on printer ink! The knuckle on these ships was supposed to be under the water line by a few feet, so if a red waterline was painted and the ship was running high do to lack of coal then the red skirting would look right.

Any how, let me know how it gose! I am still working on the instructions for the pilot house armored top as well. It seems that the pilot house top was open with armored plate laid like fins across the top. This would let the free flow of air go through but make it almost imposable for small arms fire to come in. The parts are their along with a diagram but no instructions yet.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing more pictures,
CT