View Single Post

Old 01-03-2021, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Barn Owl (redo Johan Schert)

Here was my next attempt to alter or repaint these cool models, the Barn Owl model was a printed one, quite large, and the original artwork is very nice hand drawn. For my purposes and because I was reluctant to cut up the original, I resized the model smaller and was hoping to change the pose of the owl as well as lighten the color --alot. The only Barns I have seen are the light colored version, and I was hoping if I could lighten enough and still maintain Johan's artwork which initially was a practice one, the darker colored try. These are really fun. I'm still using heavy cardstock, and the resulting models feel solid as a balsa or foam block, although the layering is easier to see, on this model mostly on the back of the head. I also changed the shape of the face to try to look more "heart shaped" as the face of this bird frequently described that way. We are just 50 miles to far north to see these widely (most widely distributed of nearly all bird species) distributed Owl, I start seeing them about 1 hour drive south .. I thought the grouping looked cool although 2 are for gifts....
Attached Thumbnails
Barn Owl (redo Johan Schert)-dsc_0561.jpg   Barn Owl (redo Johan Schert)-dsc_0564.jpg   Barn Owl (redo Johan Schert)-dsc_0563.jpg   Barn Owl (redo Johan Schert)-dsc_0566.jpg  

Last edited by birder; 01-03-2021 at 01:44 PM.