View Single Post

Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Pond Racer

It is just a habit of mine. In the beginning I used those pesky tabs and they had a tendency to bunch up around the curves, do I eliminated them. I will double or tripple laminated around joints or use connector tabs, In this model I have used both the connector tabs and laminations.

On with the build:

I used a toothpick to give the front the round airfoil. I did not score the leading edge.

Using my compass I measured for the cockpit bulkhead.

On my circle maker I chose the closest circle for the bulkhead.

I then folded it in half and started to cut trim and measure until I was satisfied with the outline. I constantly kept dry fitting the template until I achieve my results.

Using the outline of the cabin, I traced the edge and made the side walls out of heavy cardstock. I glued and clamped it to the inside of the cabin.

While waiting for the glue to dry, I made the floor and bent a section down to give the depth of the floor.

Next posting, more on the cockpit details.
Attached Thumbnails
Pond Racer Build Thread-026.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-027.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-028.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-029.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-030.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-031.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-032.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-033.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-034.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-035.jpg  

Pond Racer Build Thread-036.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-037.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-038.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-039.jpg   Pond Racer Build Thread-040.jpg